Monday, February 9, 2015

Alphabet of the week: Letter C

We are in the 5th week of the curriculum by thisreadingmama.com. (mainly for little brother to reinforce his alphabet recognition and to encourage him to write them. Big brother knows his alphabets well enough so I only involves him in the sight words portion and spend more time on his spelling of cvc words and phonics blending.) The first 4 letters covered were T, F, P and M but I wont be covering the stuff we did then as I did not have any nice photos taken.

And I dun really follow the intended lesson plans for each day as we normally finished all the activities planned within 2 to 3 days of homeschool. So I got to look online and get more ideas of activities and games to add on to the weekly plan for the rest of the week.



Everyday we will begin with the reading of the letter booklet. Allen takes a lot of pride in reading the mini books. He will always pester me to listen to him reading the books. After that we willl sing the sight word song.



This week sightword is 'look'. I love the sightword songs cos it makes it so much easier for them to remember the spelling of the words. Both the boys will take turns to do the sight word mazes and sightword search. For big brother, I will also print out the sight word worksheet from confessions of homeschooler blog for him to practice his writing as well. And whenever we had our story time, I will take note to stop and ask the boys to read the words that they have learnt so far to reinforce and help them 'sticks'.



I also printed out the following activities from confessions of a homeschooler blog:
number arranging caterpillar and the hungry caterpillar picture cards which I laminatrd and punched hole in each picture and the boys will practice their fine motor skills by lacing the picture cards in sequence when I read the book to them. They loved this activity so much that I was requested to do this with them for at least 4 times this week.



Next is the pocket chart sentence building for allen. (aidan dun really like doing this activity not sure why but allen loves it. Yup my 2 boys are 1 heaven 1 earth. super different from each other)






Allen is practicing his scissors skills wih the patterning cards and we did the ABAB pattern which allen finds it easy peasy after which I tried AABAAB and he got a bit confused initially. Lol.



For number recognition, I will call out the number and allen will have to color in the correct numbers. He just mastered 1 to 10 and I am hoping to start on 11 to 20 soon.



I also used this Velcro stick on numbers chart for him to play with. This is a printable from http://toddlercanread.blogspot.com/.



Allen writing his alphabet on the salt tray. We will also practice all the alphabets learnt so far and I will also write down all the learnt sight words one by one and ask him to read them for me.




















Allen dotting his alphabet C worksheet.

And we baked cookies for breakfast!

Books we read: Corduroy, The very hungry caterpillar, The cat in the hat and many more...



And this concludes our alphabet C week. With a picture of Baby Abbie tutu mouth.

Thanks for dropping by:
XOXO
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment