Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sight words slapping game

Today I wanted to have a revision activity to assess and reinforce the sight words we have learnt so far. So I used recycled paper, wrote them down and taped them to the wall. Invited the boys over and introduced the game to them. Both of them have to stand a short distance away from the wall, and I have their names written down on the chalkboard for their scores charting. They got so excited with this mini 'competition' and I also mentioned the winner will get chocolate!




To play, I just call out random sightwords and the first one to run over and slap the correct word gets one point.

 
What happened? Aidan started crying after the first game caused he slapped on the wrong word and Allen won the first round. I was shocked!!! OMG! After consoling him and lots of encouragements, he perked up and we continued on our game, this time with happiness and laughers. No more wayangness...

 
My wayang boy... Sigh...

 
Fast recovery.

 
After about 12 rounds, both of them get their chocolates as both are winners! A fun and super easy game to play. You can easily use this idea for other words, numbers and even names!
 
And the scores charting also intrigued the boys a lot. When I was busy making breakfast, both of them are 'playing' the game themselves and charting their own scores. Goodwork boys!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment